Equine Kinesiology Tape (Black)
RockTape can be used for both horse and rider in equine therapy. Some benefits include pain management, decreased swelling and/or edema, increased joint range of motion, normalize muscle tone, and maintain a level of functionality throughout the rehabilitation process. It can also be used to assist the athlete to maintain functionality and assist with recovery.
RockTape may assist the below treatments and activities:
- Muscle Strain or Tear
- Muscle Stiffness
- Post Acupuncture / Body Work Inflammation
- Prolong the Effects of Myofacial Release
- Tendonitis, Tendonopathy or Desmitis
- Rehabilitation, Management and/or Prevention of Movement Dysfunctions
Safety: It is important to note that some horses may behaviorally react to the RockTape, just as they would a nuisance fly on their skin. This is due to the horse’s highly evolved proprioception mechanism that is regulated and monitored from receptors located in the muscles, tendons and joints. Always position yourself in a safe place in relation to the horse when applying RockTape Equine. It is advisable to lunge the horse after the tape has been applied to determine the effect of the tape on the horse, prior to riding.
How does it work?
RockTape microscopically lifts the skin away from the muscle and fascia, which decompresses the area which reduces swelling. RockTape also signals the central nervous system through the skin’s nerves, which provides powerful feedback to minimize pain and cue form.
What are the benefits?
- Relieves swelling through decompression which speeds recovery.
- Increases awareness of your body position to help you maintain proper posture and form.
- Ultra-Strong and Sticky
- Hypoallergenic Adhesive
- Water Resistant
- 97% Cotton, 3% Nylon
- 180% Stretch for Full Range of Motion
- Latex and Zinc Free
- Wear for up to 5 days
- 5-10 Applications per Roll