Easidri Cooling Coat holds its cooling moisture without wetting your dog′s coat!
The unique cell structure slowly releases its moisture and keeps the dog cool as water evaporates from the coat. Use in warm weather to help keep your dog cool and comfortable.
Reusable and machine washable, supplied in a handy resealable bag so it is always ready for use. It is tough, durable and resists tearing and shredding. Easy to fit with adjustable touch and close chest and stomach straps.
How does it work?
The Easidri Cooling Coat is composed of three layers, including Polyvinyl Alcohol (PVA) which produces a synthetic sponge with an interconnected porous structure. The sponge created is hydrophilic, which means Easidri’s Cooling Coat is very absorbent and has a high capacity to hold water, so it doesn’t wet your dogs fur and the unique structure releases moisture in warm weather, helping to keep your dog cool and comfortable.
When the Easidri Cooling Coat is first placed on a dog, there will be a transfer of heat to the coat by process of conduction. This will be dependent on several factors, including the contact area and temperature difference between the dog and the coat – the greater the temperature difference, the greater the heat transfer, hence we recommend soaking the coat in cool water before use**. Avoid very cold water and icy water as this is likely to shock the dog.
Once an equilibrium has been reached in temperature between the dog and the Easidri Cooling Coat (i.e. the temperature is the same), further cooling takes place by evaporation – the process whereby water trapped in the cooling coat is turned into vapour, consuming energy and lowering the temperature of the cooling coat. This draws heat from the dog’s skin surface, helping to cool the dog at a steady rate.
Conditions that favour cooling with Easidri’s Cooling Coat are warm, dry weather, clear skies with a breeze.
*Easidri’s Cooling Coat should only be used when hydrated. Before use, we recommend soaking the coat thoroughly in cool water to fully hydrate it and wringing out excess water leaving the coat slightly damp, then gently placing it on your dog and fitting it securely using the touch and close stomach and chest straps.
* Dogs should always be supervised whilst wearing the coat and we strongly advise you provide access to plenty of fresh drinking water and create a shaded and safe space for them to retreat to.
* Never leave dogs alone in cars, conservatories, outbuildings or caravans during warm weather. “Not long” is too long and could be fatal.
* Avoid strenuous exercise and walking your dog during the hottest part of the day, when the risks of burning paws on pavements and heatstroke are increased.
• You will need to take two measurements (1) From the base of the neck/start of the shoulders, to the base of the tail, (2) From one side of the stomach all the way round (“girth”).
• Our size guide includes the maximum girth size the different coats are suitable for. The girth size is the most important of the two measurements as the wrap-around belly strap should be in contact with your dog’s belly but not too tight that it restricts movement and is uncomfortable.
• The coat should not be so long that it covers your dog’s tail – the effectiveness of the Cooling Coat is not impacted if it is short in the back.
• The Cooling Coat’s belly strap and chest strap use Velcro so they can be adjusted to achieve the perfect fit.
• To be effective, the coat must be kept hydrated so that evaporative cooling can take place
Storage and Care Tips:
To keep your Easidri Cooling Coat in tip top condition, we recommend:
1. Always storing it slightly damp in the resealable bag it comes in.
2. Each time you remove the coat from its packaging and before unfolding it, soak the coat thoroughly in cool water to rehydrate it. This will help avoid tearing any fabric which may have stuck together when it was compressed in storage. Before use, wring out excess water from the coat leaving it slightly damp.
3. After every use, rinse thoroughly in Easidri’s Coat & Towel Wash or a weak solution of household disinfectant (not bleach).
4. Regularly wash the coat, even if it doesn’t look dirty to keep it clean and fresh. This will prevent bacteria growing and the coat smelling musty. You can machine wash the coat at 30°C with Easidri’s Coat & Towel Wash, a household laundry detergent (bio or non-bio) or Milton Sterilising Fluid. Do not wash with fabric softener or use bleach. Keeping the coat clean and odour free is not detrimental to the coat’s cooling ability.
5. Do not allow the coat to dry out. Do not tumble dry and there’s no need to peg it out to dry! If the coat does dry out, soak it thoroughly in cool water to rehydrate it. The cooling coat should always be kept hydrated when being used.
Dogs should always be supervised whilst wearing the coat and we strongly advise you provide access to plenty of fresh drinking water and create a shaded and safe space for them to retreat to. Please never leave dogs alone in cars, especially during warmer weather.