Accuhorsemat® – the acupressure rug for horses
Accuhorsemat is a clever acupressure rug for use on horses. It increases blood flow, relaxes muscles and releases beneficial endorphins, so your horse relaxes and feels better.
In each Accuhorsemat set, you receive one specially designed rug, one hindquarter acupressure mat, two shoulder acupressure mats and a case to store the rug in.
- The acupressure mats for the hindquarters are affixed with velcro on the underside of the blanket.
- The acupressure mats for the shoulders stimulates many of the horse’s meridians, including in the musclature of the front qaurters. The mats are affixed with velcro and can be moved to fit your particular horse.
Medium (Royal Blue) – 72 – 78″ / 125 – 145cm
Large (Royal Blue/Gold Trim) – 81″+ / 155cm +
Material: Nylon. Spikeroses – environmentally friendly TPE.
Care: Blanket can be washed at 40 degrees Celsius. Acupressure mats simply wash off and dry.
Using the rug before riding relaxes the muscles and calms tense horses – making it easier to get to work. Using Accuhorsemat® after training helps the horse’s muscles to recover more quickly and at the same time gives a pleasant feeling of relaxation.
Taut muscles mean that the horse can experience pain, overcompensate with movements that are harmful to the body, develop a shorter stride length and have impaired muscle growth. Our tests show that Accuhorsemat® makes horses calmer and relaxes the muscles, which means your horse relaxes and feels better.
Accuhorsemat® gives your horse the best conditions for recovery and is a fantastic tool to increase the bloodflow in a relatively short time. Increased bloodflow will among other things, make the muscles warm, supple and less tense and it also helps get rid of waste products in the muscles after training. It releases wellbeing endorphins which helps your horse to relax and feel good.
Accuhorsemat® is used both in a prevention, maintenance and treatment standpoint.
Accuhorsemat® users (riders, trainers, massage therapists for instance) not the following benefits:
- The horse’s muscles become supple and warm
- The horse will listen better to their aids
- The horse will be more positive towards work from the start
- Accuhorsemat® releases tension and makes the horse more harmonious
- The movement of the horse becomes more supple and light
- The “lowest level” increases significantly
- The warm up time decreases
How Accuhorsemat® works:
Acupressure is an ancient treatment method for relaxation and pain relief which involves stimulating the acupuncture points along the body’s energy paths – so-called meridians.
The horse’s skin and nervous system are much more sensitive than those of humans, and when 11,000 neat spikes work on the horse’s acupressure points, a noticeable effect is achieved in a short time.
The Accuhorsemat® acupressure blanket increases blood flow, relaxes muscles and releases beneficial endorphins, so your horse both relaxes and feels better. And a healthy horse will also, in the long run, perform better.
The Accuhorsemat® has acupressure mats covered with “spike rosettes” perfectly positioned over the horse’s chest and haunches, which are similar to the spike mats available for people.
The Acuswedemat has approx. 14.000 acupressure points.
Acupressure, as well as acupuncture, is based on traditional Chinese medicine. Acupressure has been used for thousands of years and in many different uses:
- prevent muscle related problems
- prevent movement disorders
- relieve pain
- reduce muscle soreness
- soften tense musculature
- provide better and faster recovery rate
- encourage the body to release beneficial “feel-good-hormones” endorphins
Accuhorsemat owns registered patents in Sweden and the USA and designpattern registration 2011/0190 within the EU.